Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: Carol Gilbert <cgilbert -at- cal -dot- berkeley -dot- edu>
To: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:52:37 -0700

My shelf wouldn't be complete without our own Laura Lemay's contributions. I got Teach Yourself Web Publishing in a Week once and proposed the position and became Web Mistress for a major corporation. How's that for a contribution from a book? It did take me more like two weeks though. Have since gone back mostly to technical writing, but I still use the knowledge to write on-line help and to post information.

Otherwise, who could be without a good dictionary, Thesaurus, Chicago Manual of Style, and the manuals for all of my applications. In addition, I buy whatever I need to come up to speed on in order to gain understanding for any new endeavor. That might include tutorials on UNIX, Quark, XML, Microsoft Style Manual for Tech Pubs, or The Computer Desktop Encyclopedia.
- Carol Gilbert