RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:10:48 -0400

Certainly there were boys in my typing class in the late 1970s (Ontario).

Back in the 1960s, my grandfather worked as a radar expert on the DEW line.
Excellent typing accuracy was a requirement of his job. As his puts it,
"For the privilege of risking my life in the Arctic, our government
considered it essential that I know how to touch type."

Cheers ... Kim
"I'm not in my dotage, I'm in my anecdotage."
--Grandpa Bob