RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "Lippincott, Rick" <Rick -dot- Lippincott -at- flir -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:40:39 -0400

At 01:42 PM -0400 2003-09-11, Lippincott, Rick wrote:

What would worry me is if there is a manager there thinking "Well, it's
going to a big doc set...about a quarter of a million words...but we
need it in two weeks. Les'see...where's my calculator...that's about
three thousand words an hour...yeah, that works out to be 50 WPM. Okay,
be sure to put that in the ad, so that we know we'll get a writer that
will meet the schedule."

<shudder>
I've worked for two managers like that.
Run away. Run away very fast.

K@
--
Kat Nagel
Man to disgruntled hippopotamus in a three-piece suit:

.