RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

> If I were
> hiring someone and they said BTW, I type 120 wpm,
> would it be a + on their list? Sure.

Funny, I'd question why they thought it important
enough to bring up unsolicited. To me, boasting about
typing speed or suggesting it's a good quality in a
good technical writer is very weird. As someone else
already pointed out today, as a technical writer we
think at the keyboard, and more time is spent
formulating/researching what we're going to type
instead of spent actually typing. That kinda renders
the wpm "plus" moot, no?

> I can't THINK faster
> than 20 wpm anyway.

LOL! Depending on how the day goes and how the
previous night went, sometimes it's hard to think up
to 20 wph! LOL!

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com