Re: Graphics from mobile devices

Subject: Re: Graphics from mobile devices
From: "Gunther Schmidt" <schmidt -at- gtr -dot- sczfk -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:17:11 +0200

Jessica Nealon wrote:

> Does anyone have information about how to get clear
> graphics from mobile (PDA) devices? With color LCDs?

Jessica,

I only have experience with PalmOS devices. There are some screenshot
utilities available, and with the most comfortable one ("Screenshot",
http://www.linkesoft.de/screenshot/) the images are copied as BMP or GIF
files to the PC at every HotSync.

> There is a lot of distortion when uploading from the
> device to the PC that I cannot fix in graphics
> editors.

This is not the case with "Screenshot".

> Are there online resources for this kind of thing? I
> am utterly bewildered.

If you are interested in screenshots from PalmOS devices look at Geoff
Hart's summary at http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives/0302/techwhirl-
0302-00852.html.

Regards,

Gunther