Short-run color flyer technology?

Subject: Short-run color flyer technology?
From: "Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:42:24 -0700

Does anyone know of a good technology for printing very short runs of
glossy, full-color, single-sheet flyers? I'm thinking in terms of 100
copies or so. Ideally, it would be hard to tell from something
offset-printed.

Either a type of printer or a print service that would accept PDF uploads
and ship by overnight express would be good.

Generic ink-jet printers don't have the sharpness I'm looking for.

-- Robert

Robert Plamondon
High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com