Re: 45. Layout Ideas for Quick Reference Guides 2003

Subject: Re: 45. Layout Ideas for Quick Reference Guides 2003
From: Tronajc <tronajc -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:00:45 GMT

45. Layout Ideas for Quick Reference Guides

We do our Quick reference guide in Portrait and then print then as a booklet (Letter Left binding - after converting to PDF) works well for us. Front cover is clear and not cramped.

Clients are happy and easy to change or add information when we upgrade

Tron

PS -Any other responses you would like to share - Always open to different view points on Quick Reference or starter guides.

Subject: How do we read?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Friday apologies if y'all have run through this
before. Food for weekend thought:

Instructions: Just read the sentence straight through
without really
thinking about it.

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of
letetrs in a wrod dosen't mttaer, the olny thnig
thta's iopmrantt is that the frsit and lsat ltteer of
eevry word is in the crcreot ptoision. The rset can be
jmbueld and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut
dclftfuiiy.

Cheers,

Sean

Subject: Layout Ideas for Quick Reference Guides
From: "Carolyn Dismuke" <cdismuke -at- salesforce -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:29:48 -0700

Anyone feel comfortable sharing their quick reference guide page layout =
ideas?

I did one on 11x8.5 (landscape) with three columns to fold like a =
double-sided brochure. But with the cover page on the right, it doesn't =
look good in PDF format, which is how we'll distribute it. I could move =
the cover column to the left but then it doesn't fold properly.

Any other ideas?

Subject: RE: How do we read?
From: <Daniel_Hall -at- trendmicro -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:31:51 -0700

It msut be Firady adlraey. Tanhk godonses! It's been a lnog week, and =
all my maunals are lokonig lkie Saen's setnecnes.

Is tihs sitll ture for pulrals?

Dan

Friday apologies if y'all have run through this
before. Food for weekend thought:

Instructions: Just read the sentence straight through
without really=20
thinking about it.=20

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of
letetrs in a wrod dosen't mttaer, the olny thnig
thta's iopmrantt is that the frsit and lsat ltteer of
eevry word is in the crcreot ptoision. The rset can be
jmbueld and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut
dclftfuiiy.=20

Cheers,

Sean

From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:36:19 -0500

eayh, utb ti otok em eehrt miest sa nolg ot dear eth ggnrfii gntih!

Happy Friday!
Cindy Kight

(E-mail me if you need a translation.)

From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:38:34 -0500

Yeah, OK. I broke the rule about first and last letters. Sorry.

Cindy Kight

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com