proposing

Subject: proposing
From: "Andrea Brundt" <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:34:42 -0400

Hi there,

My company is starting to talk about hosting our application and/or our data
for clients. (Our clients are publicly-funded, cash-strapped, and don't have
strong IT departments, so an ASP is an attractive alternative to buying
servers, databases and IT skills).

Anyway, in an effort to liven up my window-jumpingly boring gig, I want to
approach the company's partners with a proposal for a white paper and other
technical sales tools that might support their efforts. Can anyone make any
suggestions for how to proceed with the proposal? It's been a while since I
pitched a new "genre" of documentation to a decisionmaker, so I'm a bit
rusty. I'm not looking for a pep-talk as much as I'm looking for your ideas
about what the obstacles might be...

Regards,
Andrea

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com