RE: RE: Refining My "Cutting Edge" Technical Writing Skills Post

Subject: RE: RE: Refining My "Cutting Edge" Technical Writing Skills Post
From: "Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- ca -dot- stilo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:44:41 -0400

> I've "used" my
> knowledge of XML several times this year, mostly to
> analyze my clients' document needs and advise them that
> XML either isn't going to do anything for the docs they
> want to produce, or that it's still to immature to be
> able to do what they'd like to do with single sourcing.
> So knowing about XML has already been useful to me...

It is absolutley not true that XML is immature for any document or single
sourcing project. XML and SGML have been used to run some of the most
sophisticated documentation projects in the world for years. If you only
look at what's available from the W3C, maybe. But markup technology in the
real world is mature, reliable, and the only avaialble technology capable of
doing full single sourcing.

---
Mark Baker
Stilo Corporation
1900 City Park Drive, Suite 504 , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1J 1A3
Phone: 613-745-4242, Fax: 613-745-5560
Email mbaker -at- ca -dot- stilo -dot- com
Web: http://www.stilo.com

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message and any attachments.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com