Word and the Control Toolbox - Help!

Subject: Word and the Control Toolbox - Help!
From: "Anachie Shakespeare" <anachie -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:25:04 -0400

All:

Win 2000
MS Word 2000

I have just created a Word file and inside I added Checkboxes and Fields using the Control Toolbox, and it looks great. However, it defaults to the Design Mode Icon (the blue triangle with a pencil) switched on (depressed/in edit mode) and when I save the file and set it so that the check boxes move from edit mode to user mode (un-depress the button), once reopened it defaults back to edit mode.

I want to have the file open, allow the user to check the relevant boxes and enter relevant text in the fields, not edit them in edit mode, as it would make no sense to the user. I?ve tried save as, removing the Control Toolbox Menu Option from the icon bar and I?m getting nowhere.

Does someone have the solution? And, if you want me to send the attachment, please let me know.

Cheers,

A.

University of Phoenix Online. Free Information - Online Classes
http://r.hotbot.com/r/lmt_uopo/http://servedby.advertising.com/click/site=563632/mnum=125825
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com