Re: OT (sorry Eric): viral explosion?

Subject: Re: OT (sorry Eric): viral explosion?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:57:48 -0500

Double sorry Eric.

The same thing is happening to me, however, a great majority of my emails are supposedly from Microsoft re: updates to Windows. Watch out for this, this is a virus. I've already received 55 of these that have gotten past the Spam filter. And Microsoft never sends out updates like that.

Michele

Goober Writer wrote:

So just a heads up - if you haven't updated Windows in
a while and are noticing some decreased performance in
your machine (home or work), update your definitions
and your OS, and run some of the "search and destroy"
utilities available on sites like Symantec's to keep
your machines clean.

I normally wouldn't post something like this, but in
the last day I have received over 300 infected
e-mails, causing my mail account to be over quota
several times.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com