Re: Framemaker Preferences - Monitor Size

Subject: Re: Framemaker Preferences - Monitor Size
From: Sheila Carlisle <scarlisle -at- axialinfo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:26:09 -0700

The monitor size setting only affects how FM displays on your system, it does nothing to all to affect the files themselves. Changing the zoom level does indeed impact other users because the specific zoom setting is saved with the file.

Sheila

JD wrote:

Hallo, experts! Quick question, the answer to which I could not find in the Frame help, the manual, frameusers.com, adobe.com (knowledgebase or forums), or raycomm.com.
In Frame 6, in File > Preferences, there's a Monitor Size drop-down list. Selecting something other than Default alters the text size, and possibly other things, without altering the zoom level. I figure it's benign, and that it only alters the view on my own machine, but since I work in a collaborative environment, I can't play around with it until I know what it does. However, neither the field nor its effects are mentioned anywhere I can find. Does anyone know precisely what this field does, or can corroborate that it does not alter the .fm files (I can't test for this by just opening a document and seeing if it changed, due to weirdness on our end I won't delve into here)?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com