documenting desktop to web application

Subject: documenting desktop to web application
From: "Sanderson, Leanne" <lsanderson -at- iccohio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:36:11 -0400

Everyone,

I've been asked to create user documentation for a client's existing custom application . No problem. However, they want me to do this with the understanding that they will be moving from this stand-alone desktop application to a web application in the next 18 months. One of the reason's they want to document the app now, is to get down on paper everything the application does, to aid them in converting the application to a web app. - which my company will also be doing.

I would love to hear your suggestions about the kinds of things you all think I should consider given that little twist.

Thanks in advance,

Leanne Sanderson
ICC. Inc.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com