RE: eHelp's "Mustang" FM ==> HTML conversion tool

Subject: RE: eHelp's "Mustang" FM ==> HTML conversion tool
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:16:39 -0700 (PDT)

Mustang seems targeted as a "WebWorks Killer." We'll
see whether that's true or not when the pricing is
announced.

As for more manuals produced as help; maybe. But maybe
also more help and more manuals that are well thought
out and well designed--the process of easily creating
online help not only means more crap is produced, it
does mean that more good projects are created as well.

As for eHelp's marketing; I called, I e-mailed, I
wrote 2 letters and copied my Attorney General's
office on the last one, but the only way I found to
get off the mailing list was to change jobs. LOL!
Hey--look at eHelp's customer base, aggressive
marketing does appear to work, and work well.

Cheers,

Sean

--- David Locke <dlocke -at- texas -dot- net> wrote:

> eHelp bought the market share they didn't win it.

> Market dominators can treat customers with utter
> disdain. They don't have
> to, but they can.
>
> I take it from the discussion that Mustang does not
> produce targetable
> source, but rather just a replacement for WebHelp?
> And, now that FrameMaker
> is easy to convert, we will see an ever increasing
> number of user manuals
> published as help?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com