RE: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.

Subject: RE: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.
From: "Hauglie, Joe" <jhauglie -at- ti -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:11:07 -0500

Another test that I saw once (for a job at a state agency; I didn't get it
but never was told why not) involved writing a procedure for a simple task.
This was a spin on the "make a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich" exercise
that is pretty effective for helping people see the need to write clear
procedures. The time allowed for this was 15 minutes, on-line.

I have not seen a paper/pencil editing/writing assessment. I have written
preliminary job skills assessments before that were required for all hourly
contractors, regardless of the position they would fill.

Joe Hauglie
Technical Editor, Texas Instruments - Tucson
jhauglie -at- ti -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com