Re: Any Key explained

Subject: Re: Any Key explained
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

<ring!>"Hello, Compaq technical support! How may we help you?"

"I'm calling about your FAQ2859 about where I might find the "Any" key?"

"Yes..." (amused)

"Well, I wondered why I don't get anything happening no matter how often I press the 'control' or 'alt' keys? Maybe you really didn't MEAN I could press any key on the keyboard, did you?"

"Doh!" <hangs up phone, *not* amused>

Compaq FAQ2859 answers a question often posed by technology-challenged
users and hated by admins. "Where do I find the 'Any' key?"

"The term 'any key' does not refer to a particular key on the keyboard,"
a helpful Compaq employee points out. "It simply means to strike any one
of the keys on your keyboard or handheld screen."

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com