Re: Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: Re: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: Peter Harkins <ph-tw -at- malaprop -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:27:50 -0700

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 08:58:30AM -0400, Peter wrote:
> And what about the costs the hours unsuccessfully spent in trying to get
> RH 9.0 to work on a Toshiba laptop. Rh refuses to see the PCMCIA slot,
> soundcard and Ethernet outputs. Linux still has a long way to go until
> it becomes usable.

Someone may have solved it already, see:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/toshiba.html

When it comes to hardware being unsupported, though, I consider it an issue
with the manufacturer, not with Linux, the same as with other OSs. Let's not
have a semantics argument, though.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com