RE: Step-by-step instructions for a variable GUI?

Subject: RE: Step-by-step instructions for a variable GUI?
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:00:55 -0400

Jim,

My first thought was one that may or may not address your situation. If
you're working with Robohelp, you might be able to tag your files in such a
way that you can compile versions that vary by presentation type. I do this
with one of my help systems to compile versions by customization type. It
allows me to send a version of the help system that varies by the specific
functionality a client has purchased. A lot would depend on if the steps
would change based on the type of device it's being presented on.

Sounds like a job for single sourcing!

Regards

Connie P. Giordano
Senior Technical Writer
Advisor Technology Services
A Fidelity Investments Company
704-330-2069 (w)
704-330-2350 (f)
704-957-8450 (c)
connie -dot- giordano -at- fmr -dot- com

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause I'm afraid
that we've been cheated here on Earth" - Clint Black "Galaxy Song"