RE: Writing about a product on a PDA

Subject: RE: Writing about a product on a PDA
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:29:22 -0700 (PDT)

--------------------------------
Worzel Gummidge asks:
Having never written about this type of thing before [PDAs], what are some of the things that I should include in the manual, beyond the TOC, body, and Index?
--------------------------------

Are you talking about putting help files on the pda? If so, what you suggested is actually too complicated. The "help" files on a pda are simply html files with some specific code that the "help engine" uses.

So, my first question is where are you displaying the help.
My next question is why are you displaying help for the pda application because, as someone else said, the interface shouldn't need it. (But I do understand the need for help, I've gone through this issue myself.)

"This is either madness or brilliant."
"It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide." -- Will Turner & Captain Jack Sparrow
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3