Heuristic Evaluation of Documentation

Subject: Heuristic Evaluation of Documentation
From: Dawn Whitlock <dawn -dot- whitlock -at- tait -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:08:46 +1200

I thought it would be relatively easy to find a comprehensive checklist for
heuristic evaluation of printed documentation by searching the web (including the
STC Usability SIG web site) and the Techwr-l site (and archives), but I have had no
luck.

(In her book "Usability Testing and Research", Carol Barnum cites M. Shannon
Daugherty's adaptation of Nielsen's heuristics for documentation, but the checklist
is quite brief. If you have her book, see page 40.)

Does anyone know of a comprehensive checklist that is available online or have one
that they are willing to share. We intend it adapt for our own use.

Many thanks
Dawn

--
Dawn Whitlock