Help & Manual

Subject: Help & Manual
From: "Suzette" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:11:47 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Gwen,

I don't know if you received any responses to your query yet, since I'm on
digest, and a bit behind! I have been looking at Help & Manual also, but I
am not a Robohelp user, so I can't really compare. I currently use
Framemaker for printed manuals.

I am considering trying a small project in Help & Manual - small enough to
convert back to Frame if I have to, but large enough to give me a "feel" for
the program.

Part of the consideration should also be the viability of Help & Manual
itself. We know that Word, Frame and probably RoboHelp will be around in 5 -
10 years, can the same be said for Help & Manual? I would hate to switch
over totally and then find the software on the scrap bin in a few years.

Just thought I'd send my thoughts along.

Suzette Leeming
Technical Writer

Telecommuting from
Keswick, Ontario