Re: PDF a "book" of Word files

Subject: Re: PDF a "book" of Word files
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:00:58 -0500

At 2:38 PM -0400 10/2/03, John Posada wrote:

When I told him that he couldn't, he was not pleased...not directed at me
because he knew that I gave him more working in FM than I could have in
Word, just not pleased in general.

Did I lie? is there a way of taking 300 or more individual Word files (and
keep them individual) and generate a single PDF, with continuous pagination,
TOC, and bookmarks?

Understand, this will be maintained by one of the "lucky" developers until
they can figure out how/if/when to replace me.

John,

They must face the tool that they are proposing to use, and face it squarely. They must learn how to use the program Word, and yes that means learning to use Master Document, or learning how to program VB to put it all together, inefficiently, and with a lot of manual intervention, or just do it manually.

You can't wave a magic wand and have it done. They have to learn to use the tool.

Scott Turner

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com