RE: Survey says...

Subject: RE: Survey says...
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:56:33 -0700

If you don't have a dark sense of humor, delete this now.

My little brother died suddenly last month when I was visiting Tulsa, where
he lived. My family cremates, it's just what we do. My sister, who he lived
with, said he wanted to be cast into the Pacific ocean. I live 60 miles from
there. Cremating him took several days longer than the memorial service, et.
al., so I couldn't bring him back with me on the plane - yes, I would have
had to carry him on. So they had to ship him to me. In certified mail. He
got lost but finally showed up the other day.

Tech writer tie in? I put together a memorial service, complete with
singers, flowers, food, etc, in 2 days in a town where I know no one but my
sister and my son, who knew nothing about putting together a funeral. That
speaks to my project management skills, I think. How you put that on a
resume, I don't know, but...

And, finally, since I am this far off topic - my son called over the weekend
and told me he and his wife are expecting their first baby June 5. I am
going to be a grandmother. You cannot imagine my delight and joy. I am
looking for a word in another language that means She who loves me most or
something like that for the baby to call me, since I am far too young to be
called Gramma!

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting