RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?

Subject: RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:25:13 -0500

Goober Writer made some very good points in his reply to my post. I
would like to state that I partly agree. I am sure that there are a
large number of people going for their Master's simply for the sake of
getting a Master's. It is these people, in my opinion, that think an "M"
rather than a "B" is going to place them one or more rungs higher on the
ladder.

I do not promote this ideology of getting a Master's. I do not think
working towards a Master's should be for impressing people, but
scratching that itch if you got it. Now, the itch may not be to get a
Master's, it could be to learn a foreign language, software, or maybe
something totally unrelated to your profession.

(Sorry, one more quote) Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw wrote,
"Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I
have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as
possible before handing it on to future generations."

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/
Stay in Touch with Verizon Airfone JetConnect (sm)

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com