Re: credibility

Subject: Re: credibility
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:43:43 -0400

No, it just takes a couple of shining examples from management that the technical writer is unimportant to the project. Then the situation abounds as the already-overworked programmers and other team members can safely eliminate having to deal with you altogether. Then you can expect to be challenged on every last thing you ask, do, or say.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and ultimately got to say "told you so," when no one could figure out how to use the product. But that didn't save me any aggravation or change any attitudes.

In case you are wondering, I busted my rear to get whatever documentation finished that I could. It's hard to write about products when no one will let you see them.

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht

>>> Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> 10/13/03 11:27AM >>>

> I think the trick is keeping things from becoming a
> pissing contest. I can see, perceive, that would be
> hard to do if you were challenged on everything, all
> the time, no matter how small or large.

Yeah, but how realistic is it to be challenged on
everything, all the time, no matter how small or
large? I mean, that would imply that there are at
least 20 managers working on every project and each
one has a different objective and sphere of influence,
sometimes over other managers. And, that would require
executive orders to just be quiet and play along. But
no, I don't think such situations exist.

;)

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com