RE: Ten questions nobody ever asks a recruiter

Subject: RE: Ten questions nobody ever asks a recruiter
From: "David Locke" <dlocke -at- texas -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:56:20 -0500

Beth Westbrook said:

>> 8. What happened to the last guy who did this job? What was
>> his reason for
>> leaving? Can I talk to him?

> This is a question that I frequently do ask. Except for asking to talk to
> the person.

There was one company that always had openings, every week. When I finally
caved and went through their hiring process, it was obvious why they had
openings ever week. Then, I worked with people that had worked there. Why
was even more obvious. If they can't find a TW pretty quick, you probably
don't want to work there. Doc departments don't grow that fast.

Once when I was interviewing my replacement, I was asked what it was like to
work there. All I said was I was quitting. The interviewee went on to a long
and fruitful career there, but the executive in charge was changed a doc
manager was hired, and the guy I reported to left the company a little while
later.

David Locke

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com