Re: Ten questions nobody ever asks a recruiter

Subject: Re: Ten questions nobody ever asks a recruiter
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:36:20 -0400

Tom Murrel wrote:
> "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> > 8. What happened to the last guy who did this job? What was his
> > reason for leaving? Can I talk to him?
>
> Uh, I did ask this question once. Turned out the "last guy" died, and a
> lot of people were broken up about it.

You still have every right to ask. It would be good to know if you are going
to inherit his asbestos-riddled cube under the microwave tower :-)

> On a more general note, I hope that if you're asking such questions,
> you don't do so in such as way as to antagonize the interviewer

What I said was:
"You might not ask these questions out loud, but you should be thinking
them:"

> . Some of the questions seem to have an edge that feels hostile to me.

Not hostile - skeptical. There is a difference. One is a bad attitude, the
other is critical thinking.

All these questions are questions the interviewer is asking or thinking
about me. If I'm not asking or thinking the same questions right back, I'm
being a doormat.

Mike O.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FRAMEMAKER PUBLISHING TOOL?

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com