Re: Excellent "please review me!" text or cover pages?

Subject: Re: Excellent "please review me!" text or cover pages?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:43:25 -0400

JX asks about getting cooperation from reviewers, and what kind of
cover material will accomplish it.

I've had most success with hand-carried copies with friendly notes.
For far-away reviewers I've usually telephoned each one to discuss
the required work, and to diminish misunderstanding. I make sure
that each has actually received the html, or pdf, or ps, or whatever
it is, and intends to set aside time to review it. If they cannot
commit, I drop 'em from the list, and tell 'em so.

Yes, these methods take more work, and sometimes one is told not to
"waste" time on such "unproductive" activities. But they've worked
for me.

For exceptionally busy reviewers I've been known (as I've said before)
to threaten food or chocolate.

If you get good cooperation it never hurts to send a note of thanks
to the reviewer, cc'd to his boss.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com