Re: More single-sourcing brouhaha (however you spell that)

Subject: Re: More single-sourcing brouhaha (however you spell that)
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:59:18 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the article in question was just downright
abyssmal. The author backpeddles a bit to confront the
two letters, but repetedly resorts to the "so what?"
counter-argument. I am not convinced this person would
know good single-sourcing practices if exposed to
them.

Regardless of the rebuttal, the original article was
shallow, misleading, and technically incorrect.

So what?

So thanks to the author for writing a bunch of crap,
and thanks to the STC for making sure thousands of
writers got to read it and perhaps learn incorrect
information from it.

Sorry to be so cynical, but seeing articles like this
being published without sanity checks, and seeing the
editor in chief of the STC's "big" publication whine
about appreciation really doesn't sit well with me.

Intentions are fine and dandy, but if you're serious
about being published, check your facts and bounce the
piece off industry experts before signing it over for
publication. And, if you're a publisher, make sure
your editors are worth their salt and don't suffer
from both verbosity and an inferiority complex.

--- kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:
> ...there were two letters published in the latest
> Intercom, both attacking the piece. The author wrote
> a brief response in
> this issue, then directed readers to this site for
> more of his take on the issue:
>
> http://www.mak.com/doc/diyssrebuttal.htm

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com