Re: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: Re: Adobe adds product activation
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:53:54 -0700

Andrew Plato wrote:

My experience is that people are EXTREMELY resistant to change. Even good
change. They will pay more or be less secure, if it means they can keep their
job. As such, licensing is rarely considered, except at the executive level.
Most admins could care less how the product is activated. They just want to
keep their job.

All I can say is that my experience is vastly different from yours. The sysadmins I know are extremely conscientious, and work hard to keep themselve sinformed and their systems secure.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Bright morning star a-rising,
New day's a-breaking in my soul."
- American Traditional

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com