RE: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: RE: Adobe adds product activation
From: Watson Laughton <WLaughton -at- orphan -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:00:23 -0500

> OK, you can not like my answers, but I in no way was
> being a "smart*ss". You asked a question to which
> there is no one set in stone answer.

well, it sounded smart*ssed to me. sorry if there was confusion.

>Each EULA is
> different. That's why I suggested you read it.

but i wasn't asking about MANY eula's, i was asking about the
one for microsoft project. and there IS an answer set in stone
for that, which is that i can make a second copy for my laptop.

> This argument makes absolutely no sense. If you
> absolutely MUST use it, then what's the problem? Use
> it! If it's for work, and they say you MUST use it,
> then get them to buy it for you and move on.

geez, it makes sense to me. i absolutely MUST use it, i DO use it,
and they DID buy a copy for me, which i use on my desktop computer.
what they did NOT do, and which they are unlikely to do, is spend
another $600.00 for another copy so that i can work at home sometimes,
or come in late. and i certainly would not spend $600 of my own
money for that.

> Well, you should have been more specific at the
> beginning. My response, to read the EULA, answered
> your question. And, whether you intended it or not,
> you were the one who initiated the sour sub-thread.

OK, again, sorry for the confusion. It never occurred to me that
different products WITHIN the msft business products might have different
eula's (and i'm still not sure that they do). i assumed that whatever
the regs for e.g., word, they would apply to excel, powerpoint,
outlook, project, etc. and they may.

and to answer the other gentleman's question, yes i do abide by the
eula's. i actually READ them for products other than stuff like this
that i have to use because i have to use it, and for business-related
software, i usually never do anything other than use it on my work computer,
turn off my work computer, and go home, so WHATEVER the eula says, i'm
not pushing the envelope of the conditions.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com