Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:30:01 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* ANNOUNCE: TurboDemo -- Formats For All (NEW)
* STORY: Fall for SnagIt (NEW)
* TIP: Creating User-friendly documentation

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: TurboDemo -- Formats For All

How frustrating it is when you want to send information to
someone only to find out that they have different
operating systems, Internet browsers, or long demonstration
times and cannot view your demos. TurboDemo helps alleviate
these anxieties by allowing you to create your demos in
Flash, Java, Exe, AVI and Standalone formats.

You might ask yourself what are some of the advantages of
these different formats and the good news is that with
TurboDemo you can choose your compilation format of choice.

Using Flash, audio and sound are best compressed and a Flash
Plug-In is very small in file size and quick to download
from the internet. When you create your demos in Java the
size of a 1 min demo is between 100-200 KB and smaller than
those in Flash. An Exe Demo does not require an Internet
browser and interactive hot keys are supported. A standalone
demo is suitable for sending via CD to end-users and unlike
Flash, interactive right mouse clicks and double clicks are
supported. AVI demos can be sent via CD to end-users and
no Internet broser is required. In AVI, Standalone and Java
there is no duration limit to the demos.

To find out more about demo formats please contact us at
TurboDemo via our toll free numbers at www.turbodemo.com

10/23/03-10/30/03

STORY: Fall for SnagIt

Dan the technical writer admired the changing leaves as he drove to
work. The oranges, the yellows, the reds . . . what made it even more
beautiful, he thought, was that you only had a short time to
appreciate them. You had to look hard now, because tomorrow they'll
be brown and decaying on the ground.

Dan was still thinking about this as he walked into work and saw his
coworker Kit with his head in his hands.

"Anything I can help with?" Dan asked.

Kit admitted, "It just seems I never have enough time. Not enough
time to get my work done AND keep up with industry changes AND . . . "

"Stop right there," Dan said. "I was just thinking about this. And
if time is what you need . . . I know how to get you some. SnagIt!"

"SnagIt?" Kit asked.

"Yes - SnagIt is the ultimate screen capture utility. It captures
anything on your screen - images, text and video. You can also add it
to the toolbars of your favorite software programs, like Microsoft
Word, PowerPoint, Excel - and into FrameMaker's menu."

"What about the editing factor?" Kit asked.

"Editing is so much easier - you can set it up so that all of your
screen captures are the same size, even - automatically! So you'll
definitely have more time," Dan said.

As he showed Kit how to download his free SnagIt evaluation, Dan
clapped him on the back and said, "As the seasons turn and the leaves
change, we too take note of the tenuous nature of our own existence.
So I say - take advantage of anything that helps you save time,
precious time."

Kit tore himself away from the program. "What did you say about
leaves?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"Umm . . . just that they're pretty now . . . ooh, check out the menu
capture feature!" Dan said hurriedly. He sometimes forgot that
everyone didn't share his passion for time-saving software and nature
philosophies.

Get your SnagIt tryout for free at www.techsmith.com.

10/23/03-10/30/03

TRAINING: ADOBE FRAMEMAKER FOR A NEW ERA: Navigating the Changing Seas
of Publishing

Are you looking for ways to move your documentation into today's world?
Then set sail for this specialized FrameMaker training! This training
offers the latest information in a "hands-on" environment with an
instructor, expert in the latest technologies.

Livonia, Michigan (convenient to Detroit and Ann Arbor)
January 26-30, 2004
Five days of training, over 1,000 pages of reference material.
>From $400 up to $1,200 per person, depending on days attended.

You need this class if.

. your most recent FrameMaker "trainer" had a front and back cover
. you need to publish to multiple channels
. your company wants to implement single sourcing
. your existing templates need modification/improvement
. you are moving to Structured FrameMaker
. you are upgrading from a prior version of FrameMaker
. you need to learn more about XML
. your skill set needs updating for job opportunities

For more information on our classes, visit
http://www.travelthepath.com/training. Any Bright Path Solutions class
may also be conducted at your site and customized to fit your needs.

For more information, contact our solutions sales manager:

George P. Luke
BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
919.481.0393
mailto:gluke -at- travelthepath -dot- com

Why train with us? Check out the benefits at
http://www.travelthepath.com/training/whytrain.shtml. Or, ask us for
references and we'll let a few of our many satisfied clients tell you
for themselves!

10/21/03-10/28/03

TIP: Creating User-friendly documentation

Develop your professional skills today by learning
Information Mapping's research-based method for structured
writing. The method can help you make complex content and
documentation

-Accessible
-User-friendly
-Readable, and
-Easy to maintain.

Learn the leading method for developing high-quality
structured content and documentation by attending one of
Information Mapping.s seminars. Go to
http://www.infomap.com/lc/learning_programs/lc_schedule.htm
for more information or call us at 800-INFOMAP.

10/08/03-10/15/03

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.