What, no Friday afternoon silliness?

Subject: What, no Friday afternoon silliness?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:13:49 -0400

Clearly, we haven't been drinking enough. The following was posted on the
Dcpubs list yesterday:

(Pentagon chief spokesperson Larry DiRita on Rumsfeld's latest memo)

"He's the kind of guy that likes to sort of plant a flag down the road and
then kind of, without knowing how we're going to get there, get people
working generally in that direction. And if it needs to be altered, then
that group of sort of intellectual capital will help him alter it and that's
where it is."

"I think on the basis of that, he wanted to inject at this particular time a
sense that while that's all very important, remember to look up and look
beyond the tree tops because the things that we really need to think about
that are going to extend well beyond our tenure is: Are we organized the
right way? Do we have -- and again, he doesn't know the answers to these
questions."

See http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2003/tr20031022-0807.html

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com