RE: "Too Good" (was: Hi-Tech Company Hasn't Used Tech Writers in Years - Help!)

Subject: RE: "Too Good" (was: Hi-Tech Company Hasn't Used Tech Writers in Years - Help!)
From: nancy -dot- bush -at- insurity -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:57:29 -0500

While having space to write notes might be handy, the real reason for wide
margins is more likely readability. The average eye span is reportedly about
three inches, and readability declines as line length increases. There's
tons of documentation online about readability, reading comprehension, and
the relationship between white space and cognition.
Nan B.