Re: The Future of Tech Writing

Subject: Re: The Future of Tech Writing
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:53:53 -0800 (PST)

> Sorry if I missed a previous thread. I've been
> reading recently about many
> tech jobs moving overseas. Is that the future of our
> profession? Or will
> tech writing just be seen as non-essential like in
> the current recession?
> Are salaries going to rebound or continue their
> downward trend?

The archives hold the majority of the discussion on
this. Yes, jobs are moving overseas. No, all jobs
won't be liquidated. Yes, there will still be a market
for tech writers in the US. Yes, you will undoubtedly
need to grow your skills to compete. No, salaries will
be the same as they always have been - relative from
situation to situation.

- Goober (who has seen rising salaries despite other reports)

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com