Re: OT - Lost access to secure (HTTPS) sites on Win98 OS - solution

Subject: Re: OT - Lost access to secure (HTTPS) sites on Win98 OS - solution
From: "Karen Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:45:21 -0500

From: "Karen Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
> I pooched my home computer in trying to set up dial-in access to work
files.
> Our desktop guy at work got my OS up and running again, bless his geeky
> heart. Before it all happened, I lost access to any secure sites (that
start
> with HTTPS) including my web access work e-mail, online banking, and even
> Hotmail.

For the list's info (and for those who so kindly offered solutions I'd
already tried), installing Netscape 7.1 gave me back access to the secure
sites I'd lost---on Netscape. That's OK. I still don't know how to fix it in
IE (I'm scared to try anything else), but to h-e-double-ell with it.

BTW, even though the network guy fixed the PC during working hours,
installed my remote access to work files properly, restored my Network
Neighborhood, and logged his billable hours to work-related activity, I
thought the fact he'd been willing to do it at all was double-plus-good. So,
being what I am, I asked him what he and his wife like to drink, meaning
alcoholic beverages. He told me what SHE likes to drink, so I asked HER what
he likes, and she suggested a gift card from an electronics super-store next
door to work towards a new DVD. They're both angels.

Karen Black in Toronto, ever grateful for favours

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com