Re: Documenting the Ordering Process

Subject: Re: Documenting the Ordering Process
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:21:42 -0800 (PST)

"Anonymous" wrote...

> I have to document the ordering process so it can be audited, to
> ensure that the proper spare part makes not only the round trip from
> China to the US, but also the round trip from Big City to Our City. My
> boss calls this "fueling the economy" -- and that's not to mention the
> double customs fees!

So what? Were you hired to rebuild their supply chain or document it? I'd say
you've got a pretty good handle on the process, so go document it and quit
complaining.

Just because you disagree with how something is designed, doesn't mean you have
authority or the responsibility to fix it. If you're hired to document a
process - document it. Let the facts in the document demonstrate the processes
weakness.

More succinctly - tech writers are generally hired to explain how things are,
not how they would like things to be.

Andrew Plato

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com