Re: Globalization vs exploitation

Subject: Re: Globalization vs exploitation
From: "Robert J. Dianetti" <radcom -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:03:39 -0500

David

I agree with you that what constitutes prevailing local wages depends on
local standards of living, but offshore workers have few of the same
protections that American workers have, like workman's comp, insurance,
retirement benefits, social security etc.

I do not believe we are on a level playing field, even if wages are adjusted
for cost of living differentials.

Another thought - when was the last time you heard of one of these offshore
companies contributing to charities like the United Way. Or, when have
their leaders sat on the board of any American non-profits, lending their
experience at not charge to worthy causes.

Food for Thought

Bob Dianetti

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com