Re: Question about Documentation Writing Software

Subject: Re: Question about Documentation Writing Software
From: David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:11:10 -0800

Bonnie Granat wrote:

http://www.lucianocunha.com/research/

From: "Goober Writer" <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Nothing like getting spammed within a survey from a
supposed college student for a supposed class project.

FWIW, the survey was crap too.

Could you elaborate? I saw it and I didn't think it was too bad for a student
effort.

Bonnie,

Did you read the survey? Look at the contents of the big box after question 14. This "survey" appears to be a very thinly disguised market research effort for a planned or proposed software product called HIDE. Is this the kind of content you would expect in a student research project:

Put the power of your network at your fingertips. With HIDE's
unique database structure, multiple teams can work on the same
document in different locations. Need more customization? Use hide
scripting capabilities for it to adapt to your most specific needs.
Stop struggling with your technical documentation and get back to
business. You have enough challenges let HIDE take care of the details.

Sounds an awful lot like marketing copy to me. I very much doubt the post is allowed under TECHWR-L posting rules.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified ~ Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com