Distilling oversize Visio page

Subject: Distilling oversize Visio page
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:15:12 -0500

I have a Visio 2002 page 14"x14" that I want to print to Adobe Distiller
5.0. My goal is to get a 14"x14" PDF page.

1. In Page Setup, I set the Print Zoom to Adjust to 100%.
2. I set the Paper Size to PostScript Customer Page Size.
3. I click Setup to open the Print Setup dialog box.
4. I click Printer to open yet another Print Setup dialog box.
5. I click Properties to open the Acrobat Distiller Document Properties
dialog box.
6. I click the Paper/Quality tab and click Advanced to open the AdobePS
Acrobat Distiller Advanced Options dialog box.
7. Under Paper Size I select PostScript Customer Page Size to open the
PostScript Customer Page Size Definition dialog box.
8. I set the Custom Page Size Dimensions to 14"x14".
9. I save all of my settings and print the page to the Adobe Distiller --
checking the printer properties in advance to verify that the page is indeed
set to 14"x14".
10. The resulting PDF file is four 8.5"x11" pages, instead of one 14"x14"
page.
11. BTW, I tried the same thing with a 14"x14" page in Word 2000, and got
the same incorrect results.

And the solution is...?

Thanks,

Dan Goldstein