Re: Did they really mean what it says?

Subject: Re: Did they really mean what it says?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:26:49 -0500

dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:

Bonnie Granat wrote:

(I suspect that now I know why the posting of "cute errors"
is generally discouraged on most mailing lists.)

On the contrary, the tech writing tie-in on this one is obvious.

Yes the tie in was obvious, at least to me. I see no stretch required. It was not posted as a swipe at MS. To my warped sense of humor it would have been equally as funny had it read: "protect your computer from <fill in the blank>."

Perhaps I saw it differently than others because for over 30 years I have collected humorous signs. To qualify for my collection the sign must be unintentionally humorous. One of my favorites is three signs at Boulder Dam. Stage left is the Men's room to the right, the ladies room and in the center the sign says "machine room."

--
Peter

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com