RE: Written Test Pattern

Subject: RE: Written Test Pattern
From: "Hauglie, Joe" <jhauglie -at- ti -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:37:21 -0600

Purnima: I think that at the very least, a written test will look for the
following:

- spelling accuracy
- clarity of instructions/procedures
- speed of completion
- "international-ness" of language use (not using regional or
dialect to express ideas, concepts, etc.)

This has been my experience with TW positions here in the US.

There are also other things that you could expect to be tested, both
indirectly and directly,
related to what the job will involve.

>Subject: Pattrn of written test for Technical writers
>From: Purnima reddy <purnima_c_1980 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
>Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:30:21 -0800 (PST)

>HI All,
>I got an interview call from ORACLE for technical
>writer post. I came to know that there will be written
>test as screening criteria. I have no idea how this
>pattern will be for technical writers.
> Can some body help me "Generally what are the
>aspects employer will try to test in written test".

>Thanks in advance
>Regards,
>Purnima
>Bangalore

Respectfully,
Joe Hauglie
Technical Editor, Texas Instruments - Tucson
jhauglie -at- ti -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com