RoboHelp compilation error: any suggestions?

Subject: RoboHelp compilation error: any suggestions?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:17:03 -0500

I was putting together a couple small RoboHelp files yesterday, and
everything went well right up to the point at which I tried to compile the
help files. Neither file compiled, and all RH would say was the following:

"Unable to generate the [name] Help file. No errors were found in the
project, however the compile was not successful. An unknown error has
occurred. The [name] Help file could not be made, due to errors in the
project."

Details:
- RoboHelp Classic 9.2, Windows 2000, Word 97, creating WinHelp 4.
- No custom compiler switches or build tags.
- Rebooting didn't cure the problem. No problems compiling two much larger
files earlier in the day, both of which still compile today--but the two
smaller files simply won't compile.
- Nothing unusual that I can see in the project files, but then again, I
rarely go spelunking there.
- The eHelp knowledge base suggests the usual source of this problem is a
bad or missing path name, but these all seem correct in the Project
Properties Window.

Never seen this before. Any suggestions?

--Geoff Hart, ghart -at- [delete]videotron -dot- ca
580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"It's one thing to see death coming at the hands of your own creation.
That's part of the human epic tradition, after all. Oedipus and his father.
Baron Frankenstein and his monster. William Henry Gates and Windows
'09."--David Brin, _Kiln People_

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com