Re: Word problem: headers and footers

Subject: Re: Word problem: headers and footers
From: Parul Agarwal <parulag05 -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:31:08 +0000 (GMT)

--- rsering -at- comcast -dot- net wrote: >
> Hi all,
>
> I have taken an assignment to reformat a bunch of
> rather long Word documents.
>
> One of the requirements is to break each chapter out
> into separate documents. The problem I'm having
> trouble with, is that each chapter has a Next Page
> section break, and in the process if I delete any
> one of the section breaks, the header and footer
> formatting is lost for the whole document. I can
> manually reinsert the lost material, but this is
> not very time-effective.
>
> There must be something I'm missing in all of this.
> Is there a way of working with either the page setup
> options or the section breaks to keep the formatting
> even when earlier sections of the document are
> removed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Sering

Actually it seems that the doc you are working on has
different Header/Footer set for each section, so if
you delete the section breaks the Header/Footer
styling will also be lost.

You will have to set fresh Header/Footer for the new
Docs, but you can still save time by checking the
'Same as Previous' option in the header/footer tool to
define the Header/Footer as it was in the previous
doc.

Alternatively, you can preserve the formatting to some
extent by copying the content from the 'Normal View'
where you will able to see the exact places where
section breaks were inserted. Be careful while
selecting the text and dont delete the section breaks.

Copy the section breaks, wherever appropriate.

HTH,
Parul

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com