RE: Dell brings some jobs back from India

Subject: RE: Dell brings some jobs back from India
From: cartoon grrl <sylviafan -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:55:41 GMT

When I got my Dell last May to replace my old machine, the "service rep" who came to install it left after 15 minutes, without connecting my printer or the external zip drive. He told me everything worked (but he lied). I called the Dell service number, and the person I spoke to (from India) was, as described below, extremely helpful and courteous. I don't think I've received nicer treatment from a native born American.

What I did object to was that Dell expected me to move a couple hundred pounds of furniture and equipment, crawl on my back through a jungle of cables, and read a number stamped on the back of the computer before they'd even talk to me. It's a number that doesn't appear anywhere else, not even on the invoice. The machine works great now, but I'm still steamed about that @#$%!* number. I'd love to get my money back for the no-service service call, but they need that ! -at- #$%^& number before they'll talk to me.

cg
I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the reality I choose to accept.
-Calvin and Hobbes

-- "Roy, Gary" <Gary -dot- Roy -at- craneaerospace -dot- com> wrote:

I have a Dell PC that crashed a few months ago. The tech. support person was
located in India. I must say that service was impeccable, and this
individual was well mannered & extremely knowledgeable (he worked
intuitively, as if sitting beside my console). Furthermore, he called me
back to follow up on the progress of the repair. The system was 'ship shape
and Bristol fashion', after reinstalling Windows, without losing *any* of
the data. Kudos.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com