Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:30:00 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* THANKS TO SNAGIT (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: CONTENT WOES GOT YOU DOWN? THE ROCKLEY GROUP CAN HELP! (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: Now Shipping: "Documenting APIs and SDKs" on DVD!

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

THANKS TO SNAGIT

Dan the technical writer and his family gathered around for
Thanksgiving dinner.

Each year they placed three kernels of corn beside their plates. For
each kernel, they stated one thing they were thankful for.

Dan's sister picked up her kernel and said, "I'm thankful for my job."

Dan's niece said, "I'm thankful for my family."

It was Dan's turn. He pulled a handful of corn from his pocket.

"I'm thankful that SnagIt - the leading screen capture software - can
capture:

· Scrolling windows
- Cascading menus
- Any object onscreen
- Videos of onscreen activity
- Output sent to the printer
- All the images from a Web site
- DOS screens
- Images from digital cameras and scanners
- Extended windows
- Fixed regions . . ."

"Dan, the food's going to get cold," his sister interrupted.

"Oh - it's just that SnagIt helps me every single day at work, and
it's just fitting to pay it tribute on THANKSgiving," Dan explained.

His family continued to take their turns. When it came around to Dan
again, he said, "I'm thankful that SnagIt images can be saved in 20
different formats, including BMP, JPG, GIF - "

After Dan finished his litany of praises, he dug into his meal. It
was amazing - with SnagIt in his life, the milk was a little creamier,
the turkey a little tastier, and the pumpkin pie a little sweeter.

"SnagIt doesn't just improve my work," Dan thought. "It improves my
well-being."

Try SnagIt for FREE at www.techsmith.com - you'll thank yourself later.

11/25/03-12/03/03

ANNOUNCE: CONTENT WOES GOT YOU DOWN? THE ROCKLEY GROUP CAN HELP!

Are you tired of fighting an uphill battle to improve the way you
create, manage, and deliver content? Do you need a roadmap that will
ensure project success and demonstrate a positive return on investment
to upper management? Are you unsure which tools or technologies will
meet your specific organizational content requirements?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, contact The Rockley
Group. The Rockley Group helps content managers and authors meet the
increasing demands of creating, distributing and managing the content
they create. Our team of experienced analysts (link to your team page)
bring a wide variety of expertise to the table and can help you avoid
expensive pitfalls.

Organizations of all sizes -- from small, privately-owned firms to
multi-national Fortune 500 companies -- trust us with their most
important content projects. We serve clients in the Financial, Life
Sciences, and High Technology industries, as well as others in the
Communication, Marketing and Retail Sales markets. We've developed
content reuse solutions that reduce the cost and effort to produce
complex information products including: marketing collateral, software
documentation, online help, customer support materials, human
resources content, as well as regulatory documents for pharmaceutical
and medical device manufacturers.

Because every client is different, we offer three levels of service.

------
Teach
------
The Rockley Group can teach you how to implement a content strategy on
your own. Our Unified Content JumpStart(TM) class is designed to help
your organization learn to develop reusable materials as quickly and
efficiently as possible. We¹ll clearly identify the steps required for
your organization to implement a single source content management
project. Our Unified Content Framework(TM) workshop (Information
modeling and structured writing) teaches you what you need to know to
design a successful solution of your own.

------
Help
------
Through our Facilitated Analysis and Modeling Sessions(TM) we'll help
you analyze your content, develop content models, and design
appropriate metadata. Based on the findings of our combined efforts,
we'll mentor you through the remainder of the process (review your
analysis, business plan, design decisions, models, etc.) or answer
your questions on an as-required basis.

------
Do
------
Our team of experienced analysts can handle all phases of your
project, either with your direct involvement, or on our own,
consulting with you as required. When we complete your implementation,
we'll make sure you have the knowledge necessary to make your project
a success.

If you'd like to learn more about the services we offer, visit
http://www.rockley.com/summarya.htm or call us at 905-415-1885.

11/12/03-11/20/03

ANNOUNCE: Now Shipping: "Documenting APIs and SDKs" on DVD!

Documenting APIs isn't easy. But it is a highly sought-after,
well-paid skill. Somebody's got to do it. Why not you?

People have come from Silicon Valley, New York, San Francisco,
Toronto and the Middle East to attend our one-of-a-kind workshop
"Documenting APIs and SDKs." But not everyone can travel for training.

Now industry veteran Manuel Gordon comes to you on this double-DVD
set that captures the essential content of his 1-day workshop,
professionally edited into 3 solid hours of advice and guidance.

This complete DVD/workbook package focuses on how to produce an SDK,
whatever language the API is written in. You'll learn:
-- What are SDKS? Why sell them? Why buy them?
-- How to structure the documentation set for an SDK
-- What programmers really want: a real-world case study
-- How to outline a Developer's Guide
-- How to generate a Reference Manual using DGP tools
-- Strategies for overcoming your limited knowledge

With these DVDs, you'll be able to view a continuous presentation,
or jump to any video clip to find whatever information you need
at any time. It's the next best thing to being there!

Now you can share Manuel Gordon's inside knowledge of documenting
APIs and SDKs. Now you (and your whole team) can learn these vital
career-building skills, without the hassles and high cost of travel!

For more information or to order at a special introductory price,
visit http://www.gordonandgordon.com/videos1.html

11/11/03-11/19/03

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.