Antwort: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?

Subject: Antwort: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:05:19 +0100

Hi!

Geoff Hart wrote:

>If it's the inputting of corrections that is problematic, one solution
that
>works reasonably well in many situation is to export the Frame document to
>RTF or other word-processor-compatible format so they authors can use
online
>revision tracking to return comments [...]
I've tried to export my FM 5.5 files to RTF, just to see what the result
would look like. It was disastrous - paragraph and character formatting got
randomized, colors changed at some unknown compouter ghost's will, images
were found at ridiculous places and so on.
Sending the unedited RTFs to the SMEs would result in tons of comments on
the layout/formatting, and next to no comments on content. Editing the RTFs
would take too much time.

I'm glad that my SMEs are content to get PDFs to review. :-)

Ciao,
Kerstin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com