q's abt Powerpoint, from a tech writer

Subject: q's abt Powerpoint, from a tech writer
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:40:45 -0600

My question is in 2 parts:

1     A couple of years ago I tried to create a portfolio with
Powerpoint but the file got corrupted. A computer engineer friend said
that this happens sometimes, and there?s nothing that can be done. Is it
really true that nothing can be done? I?ve still got the (corrupted)
file and I?d like to retrieve the illustrations from it, at least.

2     I?m creating an online portfolio (of tech writing, translation,
cartooning, and illustration). When I?m done the Powerpoint 2002 file
will have 25 to 30 slides.

  What do I want to do that I don?t know about yet?

      Xx    Set the file so that it cannot be written to anymore when
I?m ready to start using it as a portfolio,

      Xx    Use Notes pages as additional space for samples,

      Xx    Use Powerpoint Viewer (or the Pack and Go Wizard) so that
people who don?t have Powerpoint on their machines can still view it.

  It seems like I remember something on this list (or maybe it was
somewhere else) about ht use Powerpoint as a portfolio.

Thanks.
Jim Jones doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net

off-site
TECHNICAL Writing/Editing Chinese to English German to English
CaRtOoNiNg..Technical Illustration, Chinese Characters for Graphics

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com