Using InDesign as source for help authoring tool (HAT)?

Subject: Using InDesign as source for help authoring tool (HAT)?
From: anubix -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 22:04:56 -0700

We got InDesign CS at work for all our desktop design, including user
manuals.

is there a way to use this source (InDesign) to create the help file? We
originally used a demo of Doc-to-help 2000 (old, old, old version), but we
lost the disk (bummer). I want to start from scratch on the help file,
using our new source for manuals, InDesign. Is this possible?

If not, what do you recommend? We haven't bought any HAT yet, still
resaearching. We have to be careful where to dump our money. It's gonna
be a one time deal, can't be changing around cause we didn't like it.

Any helps helps.

Jannice

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com