RE: PC World RTFM

Subject: RE: PC World RTFM
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:26:31 -0800 (PST)

> I can't speak for the Best Buy types, but in
> commercial niche software,
> printed manuals are often used as a sales tool. This
> is especially true when
> a company is purchasing software for a large number
> of users with varying
> skill levels: When a vendor brings high-quality,
> printed manuals to a sales
> call, it can make all the difference. I've seen it
> happen.

I agree to a point. In some cases, the application can
be so huge that it'd require thousands of pages of
documentation, in which case print cannot be done for
all info. In other cases, my copy of PaintShop Pro 8
came with a 1" thick manual. That's cool, but in a
sales case, I'd wonder about that. "This tool is
supposed to be very easy to use. Why so much documentation?"

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://photos.yahoo.com/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com